Friday, January 15, 2010

Heeeeeeeeeee's BACK!

Mid January 2010! It’s cold as heck back in Dover Beach Ontario,
and still a bit chilly here in Sakura, but, I feel like it is almost summer
here - compared to back home!

I have 3 weeks to enjoy Japan again! It’s been a little more than a

year since I was last here. I am SO happy to be back!

I have all kinds of stuff to rant about:

How I finally got a Japanese cell phone account for $30 (3000 yen)
Ok.. $35 at current rates..

How I am calling home FREE with a Magic Jack voip phone
hooked to my friends laptop (and Puh-lease, don’t say Skype..)
We are talking FREEEE to civilian landlines in North America,
and a DIAL TONE and cheap hello kitty land line handset!!!!

How incredibly GOOOOOOD the food here is!

How a 2.5” laptop drive in a $6 ebay usb enclosure is a luxury
that lets your work chase you across the globe - and a good
place to store your pictures.

How neat Japanese gas space heaters somehow DO NOT kill
you with carbon monoxide (still scared of them)

Why I win for bringing maple syrop and NOT buying any duty
free as gifts to japan.

But later, later, I’m still a bit jet lagged

Took my old faithful one-speed bike out for a spin this afternoon!
It survived the wait, needed a bit of air in the tires and some oil,
but it was ready to go in a few minutes, and just as much fun as before!

So... This time I’ll try to do my best and be a “good” blogger..

Cheers! /DG


No comments: